Adults train in the martial arts for a variety of reasons. Today's adults are faced with many pressures that can hinder their health. Martial arts is a great way to release stress, anxiety and other daily pressures.
Here are 5 reasons adults train in the martial arts:
1. Stress relief: We all have stressors in our life. Getting rid of bad stress in your body through a karate program is an excellent way to stay healthy and improve your fitness, not only physically, but also mentally! Maybe you have a bad day and snap at somebody that you didn’t mean to. A martial arts program can take a lot of that negative energy out of your body and get rid of it. They say massages relax your muscles, well karate relaxes your brain!
2. All ability levels: In most sports, you have a superstar on a team. Or you only have one player that has the ball at a time. What about the person without the ball? What if you are on the bench because you are not good enough? In karate, it doesn’t matter if you have never taken a martial arts class before, or ever played any sports at all. Everyone who engages in a proper martial arts program gets the same benefit. There is a saying that everyone, even the greatest karate master, was once a white belt. It’s true! Every one of the millions of martial artists had the first day wherever they started training, where they first learned how to punch and how to kick.
3. No one left behind: In karate, all ability levels are always practicing at the same time, so everyone is getting the benefit of the workout and simultaneously increasing their skill level. And while ability levels are different for different people, EVERYONE has a technique that they are good at. And while some individuals are more naturally talented physically than others, no one is great at everything. But you CAN be really good at a lot of things!
4. Health benefits: You might think that you can just assume that martial arts training is good for your health. But do you know why? Martial arts increase your flexibility, balance, hand-eye coordination, and your natural strength without weights. It is great for adults and for kid's fitness. Building strength without weights means you decrease the risk of injury. Karate uses principles of isometrics and plyometrics to increase natural strength and power. The long term health benefits of a proper karate program are immeasurable. It is not uncommon to see excellent karate students practicing well into their 70’s or even their 80’s!
5. Fun, fun, fun: Look, karate training is just fun. Period. All of the benefits that you get from karate you get from engaging in activities in the karate school that you enjoy doing. As everyone knows, the more you enjoy something, the more likely you are to stick with it. Why do you think so many people fall off the wagon on their diets? Because eating healthy isn’t fun! If eating healthy were fun, we’d all be a lot thinner! Fortunately, we can counter the “fun” eating with a safe and healthy karate workout. Karate can help you maintain your weight goals and if you are one of the lucky ones who doesn’t have to worry about weight goals, then you can come and punch and kick your way to a healthier lifestyle just for the fun of it!
If you would like to come in and try a beginner course and reap the benefits of martial arts training make sure to call our school today to register.